Monday, December 19, 2011

DIRTY GLASSES

 
You know...hold on.  Just gimme a second.  My glasses are just filthy.  It’s drivin’ me nuts.


For those of you who are not Preachers or do not wear glasses - or both...you probably aren’t gonna understand why having dirty glasses is so frustrating and frankly...dangerous when it comes to preaching.  To say nothing of Bleaching.

So in the interest of professional, big-time preaching, I’m gonna take some time right now to clean these glasses before I continue - so gimme just a minute.

To see clearly, is to preach clearly.  To preach with fingerprints and French Fry residue all over the place is to preach...whatever...what is this on here?!

Lucky for me, I always have a travel glasses cleaner kit tucked inside my travel Bible, which I keep in my travel preachin’ suit, which kinda slides into my Portable Pulpit.  I’m what you call a “Prepared Preacher” - except when it comes to my sermons.  I pretty much just wing those.

Give a little spray there.  And another little spray there.  And...well, gettin’ better.  Not quite there yet, but gettin’ better.

This kinda reminds me of the story in the Bible when the blind man came to Jesus asking for healing.  Jesus spit in the ground, made some mud, rubbed the mud on the man’s eyes and said, “How do you see now?”  “Looks like a bunch of trees walkin’ around,” said the man.

So Jesus repeated the process and THIS time...the man could see clearly.

You see, first you have to KNOW you aren’t seeing, and then you have to do whatever it takes to correct the situation.  Be it miracle, spray or Lasik surgery.

In THIS case...it's spray.  

And now that we can all see...CHECK THIS OUT:



As together we stand and sing.     

BP

No comments:

Post a Comment