Sunday, November 20, 2011

SOUPER SUNDAY



I love soup. 

It’s one of the main reasons I love the Fall.  It’s also one of the main reasons I love God, my wife, Gidget, and submersible mixers.  Soup gives me the strength to carry on when all of life turns against me - which is often.

Homemade soup, some crusty bread and a well-designed foreign policy could turn this country around in a heartbeat.  It could also make it feel better.

There aren’t a LOT of examples of BIBLE SOUPS - unless you count lentils (which I can personally do without).  The most famous Bible Soup is whatever the stew was that Jacob made fed to Esau back in Genesis, right before he stole his birthright, the family blessing and inheritance right from under his nose.  That must have been some soup.  I’m guessing Tomato...with a grilled cheese sandwich on the side.  Depending on how hungry I was, I’d give up half my furniture and a maybe a snow blower for THAT combo.

This is the time of year Gidget and I really get serious about making soups at home.  She laid a new Tortilla Chicken soup on me last night that made my head spin.  Just for that, I went out today and got the fixin's for a Barley Veggie that will teach her a lesson. 

I told you...we’re serious about this.

The best soups are the ones made at home.  The chopping, the stirring, the waiting can all be part of a very relaxing process.  And the soupy smells that kinda lay around in the house afterwards will make you never wanna leave.

It’s Sunday.  Church is over.  Get your soup on.



As together we stand and sing.

BP

No comments:

Post a Comment